aid options: undergrads
  aid options: graduates
  aid options: parents
  aid options: continue-ed
Apply page for federal and private student loans and scholarships

How Best to Finance Undergraduate Programs

Recommended Aid Options:

As a first-time or returning undergraduate student, your best options begin with the federal aid program. This requires your filing the FAFSA form for each year your are in school

  1. Grants:
    see if you qualify for any federal or school grants. This is FREE money that doesn't have to be repaid: check with your college

  2. Scholarships:
    start searching for FREE scholarship money. Check with your school, community, and affiliated family organizations: view scholarship information

  3. Perkin Loans:
    available for undergraduate students with exceptional financial need. Maximum annual limit: $5,500
    jump to loan chart for information

  4. Fed Stafford Loans:
    get the maximum amount of federal Stafford loans as possible. The available amounts will increase each academic year:
    jump to Stafford student loan information

  5. Private Student Loans:
    if you need additional funds that are not subject to federal regulations, check into private student loans. You can borrow up to the cost of education as certified by your school: jump to private student loan information

  6. Other Aid:
    view other financial aid options that may be available: see summary of undergrad financial aid options

where to next
start your application for college financial aid

View summary aid charts:

manage your student funds electronically


privacy statement | contact us | site map | resources | community college search

Copyright 2003-09 Community College Financing Guide

member: nBuy Associates
all rights reserved

BBBOnLine Reliability Seal